Saturday, October 9, 2010

Healthy Fats vs Unhealthy Fats


Did you know that we need FAT in order to burn FAT?! Did you know this? I remember when I discovered this my jaw dropped to the floor. I was avoiding certain foods for a long time, because I thought that I was going to gain weight by eating them. When in fact by adding them to my diet it enhanced my bodies metabolism, which changed a lot of things. BUT! Here is the most important thing to know... there are two kinds of fats. You need to understand the difference between GOOD FATS and BAD FATS! No worries, because I'm going to share what I've learned with you. 


Olive Oil
Natural Peanut Butter

Canola Oil
Avocados

Cheese!


Green and Black Olives
 Now, do note that even though you are permitted to eat these lovely, delicious, pure foods, especially when made with NATURAL ingredients (Cheese, Peanut Butter low in Sugar and Fat) it is only effective and healthy when combined in a balanced diet. If all you did were to eat these items and these items alone... well, you would most likely be overweight, because these items; after all, are highly concentrated in FAT! But, these GOOD fats are essential to your bodily functions. What is it that makes this so? These items have essential amino fatty acids (3's, 6's and 9's) in them, which are different in comparison to SATURATED FATS!(bleckh!) SATURATED FATS are BAD! Saturated fats clog your arteries, are harder for your body to breakdown and digest, so overtime the stuff compounds and if you're not doing other things like eating fruits, veggies, staying hydrated with the one and only H20, and working out... You'll regretfully end up somewhere that you could have prevented, cardiac arrest. HEART ATTACK! That's just one of the many downfalls of consuming too much saturated fatty foods over time.










Essential, think about that for a second. Essential by definition means absolutely necessary; extremely important. In the dictionary in terms of Biochemistry • Biochemistry (of an amino acid or fatty acidrequired for normal growth but notsynthesized in the body and therefore necessary in the diet. NOT Synthesized! Our bodies don't create these fatty acids on their own, which is extremely important to include these fatty amino acids, otherwise known as Omega 3, 6, and 9's,  into your daily diet. Why? What do they do for our bodies? 

These essential fats must be consumed because we can't get them into our bodies any other way AND they help with the functioning and development of our brain! You know that BIG organ in our heads that helps us process thought, motor skills, chemical development otherwise understood as hormonal communication = that is, hormones are the natural chemicals produced by the body along with our natural energy transmitted throughout our body to tell it what to do! To reproduce new cells for growing hair, muscular function, new cells to heal, protect and attack foreign invaders to keep us from getting sick, or when we fall down and break something. These essential fatty acids help to keep us SMART! We all want that, right? So, why would we not include these items in our daily diet? 


Now, the above have one or more of the Omega Fats, but not all three. In order to get a little of all of the fatty acids; we need to consume other sources of foods to get those Omega 9's. Which these do tend to be high in fat, but remember these are GOOD fats. You can consume more of the following items than you can items high in Saturated fats (bleckh!) like Red Meats and Junk Food! 


Walnuts
Flaxseed
Beans
Spinach
Salmon

Lentils
Pecans
Broccoli





Eggs












After all this writing I'm going to introduce something to all of you reading my blog. I'm extremely passionate about this wonderful product called Shakeology. 


Watch the video link...

Everything you need in ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS and so much more. Delicious, Easy, and a Quick way to get your Multi-vitamin, Probiotics (improves digestion), Great Source of Essential Proteins, Essential Bacteria (builds strong immune system and digestive track). This is great for the majority of us in America, because time for most of us is an issue. Above is a Quick Video link to inform you WHY, WHAT and EVERYTHING you need to know about this Fantastic Product. I eat all of the above items, but Shakeology is by far my favorite natural source of everything my body needs to get through the day. It's my way of taking responsibility for my own personal health. I'm sharing this with you, because I care about your health and want you to care about YOU too. 

Let me know if you would like to know more about this Fantastic product and how to go about getting it for yourself? You can contact me via, twitter, facebook or my web-site www.beachbodycoach.com/jeneralrose  or e-mail me indejo@msn.com

To be continued: I'll write about the above foods to tell you which essential amino acids are in each food item above and what they specifically do for your body! I'll also give you examples of Unhealthy fats!



1 comment:

  1. Join me for great individual and team support, in getting fit and healthy! Yes, right from your home, I will provide FREE COACHING! Let's do this! click this site: www.darlacook.com

    beachbody coaching business
    dcookfitness
    beach body coach

    ReplyDelete